We're rolling up on the celebration of mindless commerce known as Black Friday, and I'd feel remiss if I didn't bring y'all something interesting for the occasion.
You might recognize the CRAB (Formerly titled Belostro) cargo crawler, one of my favorite FDM-friendly pieces of scatter terrain in the form of an industrial cargo mech. Well, it's getting a full overhaul (along with the rest of the TECHSCAPE Cargo Yard)!
The Cargo Yard and its associated simple grid-based construction system has rapidly become one of my personal favorite terrain sets for how simple, quick, and easy it is to build a HUGE variety of different 28mm boards with a single set of terrain, but after playing with it a number of times I started to develop a series of little nitpicks I've decided to address.
So, this upcoming Black Friday, in addition to a site-wide discount on .STLs, I'll be delivering a Mk II Update to the ENTIRE Cargo Yard set. Those of you who already own these files will receive the Mk II set as a free update! Improvements include:
- A full cosmetic overhaul on virtually every component, making small improvements to paintability, appearance, and scaling.
- Overhauled supportless features to improve print quality.
- Built-in supports where necessary, so you can throw all of these files directly into your slicer.
- Increased mechanical durability for the cargo truck and cargo crawler, greatly increasing the durability of each once assembled (Seriously these things can take a lot of punishment now)
- Forward compatibility features.